We know that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly. This Privacy Notice describes how Bongtech Solutions Private Limited collects and processes your personal information through BongBasar websites, devices, products, services, online marketplace and applications that reference this Privacy Notice (together "BongBasar Services").
By using BongBasar Services you agree to our use of your personal information (including sensitive personal information) in accordance with this Privacy Notice, as may be amended from time to time by us at our discretion. You also agree and consent to us collecting, storing, processing, transferring, and sharing your personal information (including sensitive personal information) with third parties or service providers for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice.
Personal information subject to this Privacy Notice will be collected and retained by BongBasar, with a registered office at 15/1 Russa Road, Third Lane, Kolkata 700033.
What Personal Information About Customers Does BongBasar Collect?
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services.
Here are the types of personal information we collect:
a. Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you provide in relation to BongBasar Services. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our BongBasar Services.
c. Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources, such as updated delivery and address information from our carriers, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase more easily.
1. For What Purposes Does BongBasar Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
Purchase and delivery of products and services. We use your personal information to take and fulfil orders, deliver products and services,
· process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
· Provide, troubleshoot, and improve BongBasar Services. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyse performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the BongBasar Services.
· Recommendations and personalization. We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with BongBasar Services.
· Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to BongBasar Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, e-mail, chat).
· Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, BongBasar, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
1. What About Cookies and Other Identifiers?
2. Does BongBasar Share Your Personal Information?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling our customers’ personal information to others. We share customers’ personal information only as described below subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
· Transactions involving Third Parties: We make available to you services, products, applications, or skills provided by third parties for use on or through BongBasar Services. For example, the products you order through our marketplace are from third parties, you can download applications from third-party application providers from our App Store. We also offer services or sell product lines jointly with third-party businesses, such as sellers on the marketplace. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customers’ personal information related to those transactions with that third party.
Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, transmitting content, scoring, assessing and managing credit risk, and providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may
· not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with applicable law.
· Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise).
· Protection of BongBasar and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our condition of useand other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of BongBasar, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
1. How Secure Is Information About Me?
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
· We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
· We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, processing, and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
· Our devices offer security features to protect them against unauthorized access and loss of data. You can control these features and configure them based on your needs.
· Company is also in process of taking the PCI DSS Certificate. This enables the Company to secure the credit and debit card transactions against data theft and fraud.
2. What Information Can I Access?
You can access your information, including your name, address, payment options, profile information, and purchase history in the "Your Account" section of the website or mobile application.
1. What Choices Do I Have?
If you have any questions as to how we collect and use your personal information, please contact our Grievance Officer. Many of our BongBasar Services also include settings that provide you with options as to how your information is being used
· As described above, you can always choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the BongBasar Services.
· You can add or update certain information on pages. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records
· If you don’t want to receive in-app notifications from us, please adjust your notification settings in the device.
2. Are Children Allowed to Use BongBasarServices?
BongBasar does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under the age of 18 years, you may use BongBasar Services only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
3. Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to use BongBasar Services, your use and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our condition of use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the prevailing law in India. If you have any concern about privacy at BongBasar, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice will change also. You should check our websites frequently to see recent changes.
Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
4. Information you might supply us with while using the website:
· identifying information such as your name, address and phone numbers;
· payment information;
· your age;
· your location information;
· your IP address;
· people, addresses and phone numbers listed in your Addresses;
· e-mail addresses of your friends and other people;
· content of reviews and e-mails to us;
· the personal description;
· information and officially valid documents regarding identity and address information, including PAN numbers;
· credit history information;
· corporate and financial information;
1. Automatic Information
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include:
· the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet;
· login, e-mail address, and password;
· the location of your device or computer;
· content interaction information, such as content downloads, streams, and playback details, including duration and number of simultaneous streams and downloads, and network details for streaming and download quality, including information about your internet service provider;
· device metrics such as when a device is in use, application usage, connectivity data, and any errors or event failures;
· version and time zone settings;
· purchase and content use history,
· the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our websites, including date and time; products and content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs);
· phone numbers used to call our customer service number; and
We may also use device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on devices, applications, and our web pages to collect browsing, usage, or other technical information.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include:
· updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily;
· account information, purchase or redemption information and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising or other services;
· information about your interactions with products and services offered by our affiliates;
· search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links); and
· credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access through BongBasar Services include:
· status of recent orders (including subscriptions);
· your complete order history;
· personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, and address book);
· payment settings (including payment method information, promotional certificate, and gift card balances and 1-Click settings);
· e-mail notification settings (including Product Availability Alerts, Delivers, Special Occasion Reminders and newsletters);
· recommendations and the products you recently viewed that are the basis for recommendations (including Recommended for You and Improve Your Recommendations);
· shopping lists and gift registries (including Wish Lists);
· your content, devices, services, and related settings, and communications and personalized advertising preferences;
· content that you recently viewed;
Please find below the details of the grievance officer:
Contact Phone No.:
Address: Bongtech Solutions Private Limited, 15/1 Russa Road, Third Lane, Kolkata 700033
The Grievance Officer is identified above pursuant to the provisions of applicable laws including but not limited to the Information Technology Act, 2000 and the Consumer Protection Act, 2019, and the Rules enacted under those laws.